Loose-Leaf Tea v Tea-Bags
People have been enjoying tea for thousands of years and tea is a part of almost every human culture. Research has proven the health and well-being benefits of tea which are seemingly endless. But did you know that the many of these benefits only occur if the tea has been harvested, produced and brewed correctly?
There are plenty of benefits of loose-leaf tea, here are a few:
- Research has proven that loose leaf tea is of higher quality than tea bags. Loose leaf tea is made up of whole leaves while tea bags are made up of dust and fannings which are smaller, broken pieces of the tea leaves. The whole, unbroken leaves have essential oils which make the drink flavoursome and aromatic.
- Manufacturers commonly produce tea bags out of a number of blended teas from different locations while loose leaf tea keeps to their natural form.
- Tea bags are highly processed while loose leaves have the highest concentration of catechins which is the primary chemical responsible for overall wellness.
- Loose leaf tea is better for the environment because tea bags are not compostable while loose leaf tea can go directly in the compost bin.
- When you steep loose-leaf tea you are giving the tea leaves room to absorb, expand and infuse in the water. The vitamins, minerals and flavours from the tea leaves are extracted, and the flavours and aromas are ignited.
So put the pre-packaged tea bags away and enjoy the better taste and health benefits of loose-leaf tea.